Three Men in a Boat Lechlade to London 17-24 July 2004 This is the page for our diary entries during the 2004 trip. We'll update (in theory) live from the river every day.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Packing and Saturday's itinerary.



We're starting to finalise packing for the trip now. Gary has developed
a packing list in Excel which seems to cover all the necessaries,
although I suspect it may have omitted cleansing wipes and other
unmentionables. I'm to bring the factor million sunblock for which I
have been so richly derided in the past, and the "technical gizzmos"
which should allow us to continue posting pictures and text to the blog
during the trip. I don't have a silly boating jacket as yet; unsure if
my fellow fluviaries have got one or not. Chris will supply pipe and
tobacco for further interesting smoking postures. Gary is bringing all
the cooking stuff and hopefully the stove of power will make an
appearance. Despite various entreaties from Zee I have decided not to
try and fit Nelly in my bag this time; maybe next year.

Chris and I are meeting at Paddington station on Saturday morning and
making our way to Oxford (I think), where we will meet Gary and Emily
and be conducted to Lechlade in Emily's Fiesta; packing small and light
is fairly important. This became clear to Chris and I while heaving
Gary's (and our) kit to Richmond across London on the tube before the
first trip in 2000, while Gary spent the morning at the National
Portrait Gallery or somesuch excuse. I seem to recall strewing sleeping
mats and other paraphernalia over most of West London and swea(t/r)ing
copiously on the platform at Hammersmith station.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?